When the 1 club opener after a positive answer (1H,1S,1NT,2C,2D) bids a new suit this may be used as an asking bid in that suit. Ace= 2 controls, K = 1.
This convention asks for support in the suit and gives him some idea about partner's controls.
Answer on Alpha:
1. step: - Does not have one of the top three honors. Maximum 3 controls overall.
2. step: - Does not have one of the top three honors. Minimum 4 controls.
3. step: + Has one of the top three honors. Maximum 3 controls.
4. step: + Has one of the top three honors. Minimum 4 controls.
5. step: 4 cards and at least one of the top three honors. Minimum 4 controls.
Further bids after Alpha:
A. After a negative answer:
- The bids are natural.
- You bid as low as possible in partners
first suit. This is the Gamma asking bid for controls in partner's bid suit.
B. After a positive answer. (At least 3. step):
- Repeating the suit at the next level is Repeated Alpha.
- A new suit is Epsilon, asking about controls in that suit (Also in partners suit)
Repeated Alpha asks about specific honors in a suit:
1. step: 0 Honors
2. step: Queen
3. step: King
4. step: Ace
5. step: 2 of the top three.